Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Happy Hermit!

I started my maternity leave as of yesterday-- and I'm pretty happy about it! I enjoy my job, but I was getting so tired and my feet were so swollen from sitting at a desk all day... it's really nice to put my feet up and enjoy reading a book, surfing the internet, watching some TV, etc. Soon I'll be sleep deprived and busy taking care of a newborn, so I'm thrilled to have a little peace for a few days.



My parents are visiting and have been a HUGE help, too! My mom has cleaned just about the entire house and put together our infant swing... it's so cute!


We also moved around the nursery furniture and my dad put our vinyl quote on the wall: "Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon."


I also ordered this little sign to (hopefully) discourage the constant doorbell-ringing that we get in this neighborhood as the weather warms up. Seems like we get soooo many door-to-door salesmen. One of the downsides of living in a cute, new subdivision.


Pouncival is waiting for his new human sibling, too. He's pretty attached to the Pack-n-Play now. Good thing there's a napper attachment for the baby, or I'd worry about how we would get him to adjust. I really think the cats will be fine with this change. I'm pretty sure Pounce knows something is up-- he lays on my belly a lot and can probably hear the baby's heartbeat sometimes. 

Other than the Pack-n-Play, neither cat really bothers with any of the baby stuff. They like going into the nursery, but they just sniff around and hide under the crib. We'll move the glider into the nursery once baby arrives, and they both really like to sit in the glider. I doubt we'll have any issues with cats in the crib or swing. I've played some videos of newborns crying to see how they react-- Etcetera gives me a look like "Something is broken and you need to fix it," and Pounce just moves his ears back and forth but doesn't pay much attention otherwise. So, I think we'll be fine.


And for those who want belly pics, here's my official 40-week hallway photo, and yes, baby definitely "dropped" a couple of weeks ago. I'm a LOT more comfortable since then.



No comments:

Post a Comment