Saturday, January 18, 2014

No rush

Many other pregnant women I talk to are soooooooo ready to have their baby out of their belly and in their arms ASAP. I actually don't feel this way. Maybe I'm a weirdo (well, I'm totally a weirdo but aside from that).... I'm excited and anxious for birth and meeting this little munchkin... But I am not wishing away a single day. I'm 33 weeks along and a due date baby (March 7) would be just fine by me at this point.

Pregnancy has gone fairly quickly, especially once we got into the holidays. This might be my only pregnancy- Josh isn't sure he wants any more kids after this and I might agree. So I'm trying to savor every day, even when I'm uncomfortable, tired, and hormonal. This might be my only chance. I'm also enjoying being lazy and giving my cats lots of attention. We're in a great place and I'm thankful for it.

As far as work goes, I'm having a strange time training people to take over my job. When I come back from leave, I'll be working part time. It's hard for me to let go of things I've had so much responsibility for and things I've had a lot of input on for the past couple of years. I pride myself on being very straightforward and independent. It's tricky to let go and let someone else have what I view as "my" responsibility. I'm excited for change and I'll be happy to spend more time at home, but it's still strange to think of how much things will change in ~7 weeks.

So, I'm content here in the moment, sitting alone in a quiet living room at 9am on a Saturday, drinking hot chocolate while cinnamon rolls bake and Josh snoozes in bed. Who knows how things are about to change? I'll savor the "now" before it's gone .

I'm going to be a mom for the rest of my life. No rush here.

No comments:

Post a Comment