But seriously... it feels strange not to buy baby things just yet. We have the crib set up, but otherwise we're waiting until after Christmas to make baby-related purchases.
Even though we're not shopping yet, we did take a baby care class and it was awesome. Not because I learned much that I didn't already know (thank you, years of babysitting), but because my husband has hardly ever even touched a baby. He took everything so seriously! I'm really glad, but it was also funny. I'm incredibly pleased that he is the type of person who likes to plan and research and prepare. Knowing we're both doing our homework gives me peace of mind (which may not last once we have a little bundle of unpredictability... but still).
![]() |
| He's such a good student. |
![]() |
| Hypothetical baby girl with a stack of pink clothing. |
Watching him try to follow along with diaper changing was hilarious. He was so careful and tried to get it exactly right, but the poor doll ended up with one butt cheek hanging out. Josh tried a few more times and finally got the hang of things.
Dressing the baby doll was also an adventure. He was doing great... until he flipped the doll upside down to pull the PJ's down.
"No, Josh! You can't flip a baby like that!" He looked so panicked I felt bad for him. Haha!
We have a couple more classes to take, but they're focused on labor and delivery. I can't believe it's already time to register for those. I also can't believe baby is kicking toward my ribs! Not that long ago all I felt were little flutters. Now there's no mistaking the THUNK of limbs against my insides. Sometimes it seems totally normal, other times it's surreal. Baby tends to move a lot in the mornings and on my drive to work, shortly before lunchtime, every evening while we watch TV and again at bedtime.
So, here's a 6-month belly pic. It's a pretty serious bump! Now to enjoy Thanksgiving week and lots of yummy things to eat!



No comments:
Post a Comment